2.26.2009

swing time...

Dylan and I take a few walks every week.  There is a park that is very close to our house and I often times want to take Dylan over there, but there are always tons of little rugrats running around that I know I won't get to enjoy her first park experience...especially considering she's too young to play on her own and I would have to swing/slide/climb with her in my arms and have to worry about her being trampled and pushed aside.  On one of our walks last week we went by the park and there were only like 5 kids there!  So, I reluctantly crept closer and closer to the playground, stopping to sit and watch here and there.  The swings were always my favorite, so I kept an especially close eye on those, and finally the opportunity arose!  There were no kids on the swings, a couple of them on the jungle gym, and the others had left or moved over to another play area.  So onto the regular swing I went with Dylan in my lap, the whole time spying the infant swings.  I thought, "Dare I put her in there?  They're probably so dirty, she's bound to put her mouth on it, and Chad's not here to witness it!".  But since I had my camera with me as always, I went for it!  I placed her in that swing and she was so tiny it!  She probably could have fit her whole body through one of the leg holes!  Haha!  I held on to her and gave her a little nudge and she really seemed to enjoy it.  She may not have really known what was going on, but I know one thing, she looked darn cute in it!  I cannot wait until she's a little bigger so she can be pushed in it without me holding on to her, I know she's gonna love it!

3 comments:

  1. "Watch her hair... Watch her hair, Watch her hair, Ross!!!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. K, what are those are on her feet? They are so stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! Ray I knew I could count on you for that one! Aren't those socks great!? They were a gift from a friend. They make her look like she has little monster claw feet...I LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete