5.08.2009

happy birthday dude...

Chad is currently working on filming for a video that's due out this fall.  Usually, the team is given a pretty good amount of time to film for a video.  In this case, it will end up being a little over a year.  Naturally, this allows for Chad to spend a lot of time with the filmer.  Fortunately for Chad, his friend Ricki "the Dude" is Element's filmer.  Ricki is also our neighbor.  His birthday is Saturday the 9th, so I just wanted to dedicate a quick post to him.  However, I couldn't just say a "Happy Birthday Dude!" and leave it at that.  Oh no...Ricki has a great blog that keeps me in the loop about the day-to-day process of filming for a skateboard video (and some other fun stuff too).  Ricki has many posts on his blog of things (like this and this) that him and the skaters find while out filming.  It's hilarious all of the paraphernalia they find.  With that said, this one's for you Ricki.  When my cousin Nichola brought her family out to visit a couple of months ago, we made a trip to Seal Beach so they could see the ocean (hey, they're from Texas).  While there we made a lucky find!  Right there in the sand it was...glowing!  Chad said, "quick take a picture for Ricki!".  So I've been sitting on this one for a while and there's no better time to bust it out then now...so here you go Uncle Dude...Happy Birthday...we hope your day is as HUGE as a MAGNUM!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! I'm speechless. That almost brought a tear to my eye, and it definitely put a smile on my face. That is one of the best gifts I've ever received. Thank you. I love you guys.

    ReplyDelete