7.01.2009

oh joy...

The joy of teething. Poor Dylan. She now has 6 teeth. 4 on the top, 2 on the bottom. She got 2 this last week. The first 4 didn't bother her too bad. She would be a little fussy, wake up a couple times at night, whatever. These two she got this week have been hell. Poor baby, I wish I could go through it for her. It started with nonstop fussing and if you know Dylan, you know she's just not a fussy baby. So when something continues to bug her, you know something's wrong. I then realized she had a painful rash in her diaper area. Not just a diaper rash, I'm talking solid red covering her skin under her diaper. It was accompanied by a minor fever. Once I got the rash treated and got her some Tylenol, she began to feel better. She was a little restless that night and then continued with a small fever on and off for about 5 days. She was also a little fussy here and there. She got both teeth through and then it got worse. The last two days she has been nonstop clingy, crying, fussing, whining, sleepy and fevery. This is soooo not like her! I feel so terrible for her! Today she has been sleeping most of the day. Normally she takes 2 one-hour naps during the day. However, the last two days she's been very tired and today she has only stayed awake about 45 minutes at a time! (hence the time to blog!) I ended up calling the doctor today (and of course my dr. whom I love and totally trust is out of town!) because Dylan's fever spiked to 103.3. However, rest assured because it's the under-the-arm temperature, her core temp is much lower. So....anyhow, the Tylenol, teething tablets, frozen rings, damp washcloths continue. I pray that this passes quickly. I miss my sweet baby Dylan! I did happen to capture some bittersweet pictures of her today. They are so sad, but precious and I know I'll appreciate having them later. These are from my iPhone with a filter applied to them.


No comments:

Post a Comment