I can almost shed a tear just typing this. Dylan you are 11 months old today. ELEVEN months! We are one month away from your first birthday! I honestly cannot believe it has been almost a year since I went into the hospital to deliver the most beautiful baby I've ever seen. Where does the time go?
Dylan you are such a joy and delight in our lives. Your daddy and I love you in a way you won't understand until you have children of your own. There is nothing you can do that will ever change the love we have for you. You are a precious gift from God. You brighten every day. Here's what you've been up to:
you make us laugh constantly
you dance a lot (gotta love those hand motions)
you "talk" on the phone (or remote or anything with a similar look/feel as a phone)
teeth count: 7!
you clap (well, you've clapped)
you have the greatest smile there is
you still love peekaboo
your favorite foods are cheese and yogurt
you say "yummy" in a way that only you can (kinda sounds like mmbaopmm?)
you are the most alert, interactive, social, happy 11 month old I've ever seen (so many others tell me this too, even strangers)
we get stopped when out in public so people can talk to you, look at you, smile with you and tell us how beautiful you are
you have blond hair! and after being quite the beach bum this summer, your olive skin has come out
you love water as long as it's not in your face
"dah", or dog, is your favorite word. you say it when you hear or see a dog (and sometimes when you don't)
you will be walking any day now
you sign "more"
you point. a lot!
your favorite place to be: outside
for over a month now you've been able to get down off the couch or bed on your own
one thing you do that makes us laugh is that you often bite your cheerios in half with your front teeth
you wave when we say "hi", "bye" or when you are waved to
you like to mimmic us when we read your "mirror book". you say "wow", stick out your tongue and do the tongue thing that I don't know how to explain
you like to sit in the window sill of the big window in the living room
and thank goodness, your separation anxiety phase is on it's way out! (praying, fingers crossed, knocking on wood here!)
Dyllie, you are such a happy baby and we are so thankful to have you as our daughter.
We love you!!
-Mama & Dadda





Happy almost first birthday baby Dylan! I remember when you were in your mommy's tummy and she was still hard at work making drinks for her customers and me :)
ReplyDelete